Monday 3 October 2011

First Post - New Blog

Hi there welcome to the first post on a new blog.

First,  a little about myself.   I retired  early last year, and after spending most of the next 12 months in the UK,  have  decided, along with my husband, to 'up sticks' and move there to live.  In order to help finance this venture, I have recently  put together my first web-site, selling kitchen equipment sourced globally.   The site is  up and running, but is not completed yet.  A 'work in progress' one may say... 
What a buzz, though!  My computer skills are limited to basic  Picasa, Word and Publisher, so it has been a real  challenge  getting this project off the ground.  I am learning a whole new language, (or at least attempting to,) 'meeting' loads of new people and finding out how to transfer my 'real world'  retail experience to my new virtual store.  The language thing is tough.  Often I can barely understand what I am reading,  even supposedly simple instructions being  totally outside my comprehension.  I just have to try everything until I find out how it works and hope like hell that I do not wipe out all that I have already accomplished!  I have become the 'mistress of the click!'..  a one-click action for anyone else is a 10-click action for me.  RSI is a real danger - a Health and Safety Hazard in my work-place.

Anyway, that is where I am at just now.  I hope that you will enjoy this site and watch it as it grows and matures.  Please join in if you wish.  Always good to welcome new friends, have a chat and to hear fresh ideas.
Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment